Department: Inventory Control
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Inventory Control Manager
Pay Grade/Range: $10.25 - $13.00
The Inventory Control Stores Assistant is responsible for the receipt, storage, and issue of raw materials, as well as the general maintenance and appearance of the Raw Materials Warehouse. These duties are managed and performed as directed by the specific requirements of the Customer, within approval guidelines and procedures established by the Inventory Control Manager and the Materials Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives incoming raw materials
- Receives parts returning from the heat treat processes.
- Ensures inventory accuracy of count, location, and lot control.
- Eliminates write-offs due to loss, damage, and discrepant counts
- Operates forklifts
- Supports Quality Assurance functions in the warehouse
- Maintains warehouse function and appearance
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated, dependable individual who exhibits a strong attention to detail and arrives on time for start of shift.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Alphanumeric filing skills.
- Passing score on AMT Basic Math Test.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and keyboarding.
- Standing, sitting and walking throughout the workday.
- Use of computer keyboard, mouse, and multi-line phone throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- The Inventory Control Stores Assistant is required to enter the warehouse and/or machine shop environment at times throughout the workday; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, and vapor from coolant, etc.
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy.